Indoor Air quality
Reporting a Problem
The following list will help you contact the agency that would best be able to address your concern:
- Public building. Call the Department Commerce, Division of Safety and Buildings at (608) 266-2780.
- Private non-residential building. Call the State Division of Health, Bureau of Public Health, Occupational Health Section at (608) 266-9383.
- Residential. Call the Public Health – Madison and Dane County at (608) 266-4821.
- Indoor Air Quality Consultants List (PDF)
When calling Public Health, be prepared to talk about the following:
- Symptoms, e.g., nausea, eye irritation, burning or stinging eyes, respiratory problems, nasal congestion or running nose, dizziness, headache, and other.
- In which room or rooms do these symptoms usually occur?
- Do you feel better after leaving the suspected area?
- At what time of day do these symptoms usually occur?
- Are there any new events, changes or hobbies in your home environment that began within a month of the start of your symptoms, e.g., new carpeting, new construction, addition of gas heating, cooking or clothes dryer?
Go to Specific Indoor Air Quality Problems