To facilitate the improvement of childhood and adult immunization levels through collaborative efforts throughout the County. The ultimate Coalition goal is to have all those who live in Dane County immunized according to the most current scientific recommendations.
Who We Are
The Dane County Immunization Coalition is a partnership of individuals and organizations with a shared mission to facilitate the improvement of childhood and adult immunization levels. Our membership consists of representatives from public and private health care providers, businesses, service organizations, pharmacies, educational institutions, and pharmaceutical companies. DCIC was established in 1993 and incorporated in 1998.
Membership is open to all individuals and organizations who would like to help promote DCIC's goals. There are no membership fees. Donations are welcome and tax deductible.
The Coalition is led by a Board Members with representation from various community organizations.
- Chair, Elaine Rosenblatt, UW Health
- Vice Chair, Dawn Sebranek, Madison Metropolitan School District
- Treasurer, Bobbie Rogers, Dean Clinic/SSM Health
- Dr. Jim Conway, UW Health, Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Erica Rabehl, Access Community Health Center
- Stacy Bong, Unity Point Health-Meriter
- Sarah Hughes, Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Gwen Long, Group Health Cooperative - SCW
- Zachary Luick, Walgreens Pharmacy
- Kim Zielke, Associated Physicians
- Sally Zirbel-Donish, Madison Metropolitan School District
- Cara Winsand- Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality
- Diane McHugh- Community member
What We Do
- Spearhead public education efforts to send clear, consistent messages about the importance of immunization.
- Promote current national immunization recommendations.
- Facilitate and support partnership formation among community groups, health care providers, businesses and other agencies.
- Support professional education to assist providers in following pediatric and adult standards for immunization practices as developed by the National Vaccine Advisory committee, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Family Physicians, and the National Vaccine Advisory Committee.
- Promote accurate assessment of immunization status.
- Support the statewide, computerized immunization information system (WIR) capable of assessing and tracking populations.
- Advocate policies that facilitate improving immunization levels.
- 2705 E. Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
- Sarah Hughes, Coordinator
Phone: (608) 242-6513
- Fax: (608) 266-4858