Healthy People. Healthy Places.
Working with the community to enhance, protect, and promote the health of the environment and the well-being of all people.
Our Strategic Priorities
These principles guide us as an organization.
- PHMDC programs, policies, practices and operations will align to achieve racial and health equity.
- PHMDC internal and external communications drive performance and change.
- PHMDC culture embodies service, accountability, trust and open communications.
- PHMDC infrastructure will be organized to achieve our mission, aligning with current public health best practice and research.
- PHMDC will invest in improving leadership capacity throughout all levels of the organization.
- PHMDC will invest in models and collaborative approaches that foster lasting impact.
- PHMDC will leverage resources dedicated to improving public health in our community.
We are strengthening our agency to improve the health of our community by committing to equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our work. Embedding health and racial equity into our daily work, we strive to operate with health and racial equity as a guiding principle to make sure health outcomes in Dane County are not determined by race or other group status.