A parent is hugging a child in their home

We are now offering boosters for Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer. We allow mixing and matching of boosters, but cannot guarantee we will have all three brands in supply. Read more about third doses and boosters.

We are now offering appointments for 5-11 year olds at the Arena. Book an appointment. 

Options for Where to Get Vaccinated

  • Everyone 5+ is eligible for vaccine in Wisconsin.
  • Many people are eligible for vaccine boosters
  • More than 8 in every 10 eligible Dane County residents have already rolled up their sleeve for at least one dose of vaccine!

Public Health Madison & Dane County Clinics

Book an appointment

  • We are now booking appointments for 5-11 year olds only at the Arena clinic, open Tuesday through Saturday

    • On the week of Thanksgiving, we are open Monday 11/22 and closed on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). 
  • A temporary clinic for first doses, second doses, boosters, and vaccines for ages 5-11 is located at the Arena at the Alliant Energy Center. Book an appointment.
  • We also offer vaccination at our South Madison and East Washington offices.
  • Appointments are recommended. We accept walk-ins, but availablility is not guaranteed. If you need help booking an appointment, please call (608) 242-6328.
  • Free rides are available to Public Health Madison & Dane County offices for vaccination appointments. Call (608) 243-0420 to schedule a ride. Please note you must wear a mask while using this service. This is not an on-demand service; you will be scheduling an appointment to get a free ride.
  • 5 to 17 year olds are able to receive the Pfizer vaccine, but they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when they arrive to be vaccinated. If this is not possible, a parent or guardian needs to be reachable by phone.
  • If you are coming to a Public Health vaccination clinic, be sure to bring your COVID-19 vaccine card with you to your vaccination appointment, so that we can add your booster dose information. If you do not have it when you get your vaccine, we can provide you with a new card.

Other Vaccination Options

  • Local businesses and sites. VaccineFinder allows you to easily find vaccine near you offered at pharmacies, healthcare providers, and community sites.
  • Your healthcare provider. Some providers will vaccinate you, even if you are not their patient. Call your provider, or check a local healthcare provider’s website.
  • UW-Madison. UW–Madison is vaccinating all eligible students and employees. See website for details.
  • Vaccine for homebound residents. For Dane County residents who are homebound, we can assist with getting you vaccinated! Call ADRC at (608) 240-7400 for more information.

Booster Doses

Pfizer (Comirnaty) and Moderna

You are eligible for a Pfizer or Moderna booster if you received your second dose at least 6 months ago, and you are age 18 or older.

If you are eligible for a Pfizer or Moderna booster, reach out to your health care provider or schedule an appointment at one of our vaccine clinics.

Johnson & Johnson

You are eligible for a Johnson & Johnson booster if you received your dose at least 2 months ago. 

If you are eligible for a J&J booster, reach out to your health care provider or schedule an appointment at one of our vaccine clinics.

"Mixing and matching" boosters

You may receive any brand of vaccine for your booster dose; you do not have to receive the same brand you received initially as long as you meet the requirements for a booster. For example, if you received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months ago, you may receive any one Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson booster dose.  

Our ability to provide any brand of vaccine is dependent on our supply, and we cannot guarantee we will be able to offer you any particular brand of booster. If we run out of a certain brand when you show up for your appointment, we will offer you the alternatives we have on hand. 

Lost Vaccination Cards

We cannot issue replacement COVID-19 vaccination cards. If you've lost your card, follow these instructions:

I was vaccinated in Wisconsin

You can access and print your entire vaccination record using the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR). Your WIR record can be used in place of your vaccination card.

I was vaccinated in another state

If you received your vaccination in another state, go to that state department of health website to determine how to get a copy of your record.

Answering Your Vaccine Questions

Stay Up-to-Date