Emergency Order #13 was issued February 8 and will go into effect at 12:01am on February 10. Order #13 has a number of changes, some of which include indoor and outdoor gathering limits, face covering requirements, and sports requirements. The order is in effect until March 10 at 12:01am.
See our blog post, What's Allowed in Emergency Order #13? for more information.
Governor Ever’s issued Emergency Order #1, which requires face coverings for people five years of age and older when the individual is indoors or in an enclosed space, other than at a private residence, and another person or persons who are not members of individual’s household or living unit are present in the same room or enclosed space. There are a few exceptions. See order for details.
Face coverings are strongly recommended in all other settings, including outdoors when it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. This state order will be in effect in Dane County in addition to Dane County Emergency Orders.
I think a business is operating unlawfully. What can I do?
We are counting on the good judgment of residents in deciding when to go out. The intention of this order is not penalize individuals but to keep everyone safe during the pandemic. Please email us if you believe a business is operating unlawfully.
Employees concerned about safety at work
For employees returning to a work environment that is not following the orders and are concerned about their safety, please review our fact sheet, workplace requirements for employers and workers.
- Order 1 (May 13, 2020 to May 18, 2020)
- Order 2 (May 18, 2020 to May 26, 2020 at 7:59am)
- Order 3 (in Spanish) (May 26, 2020 at 8:00am to June 5, 2020)
- Order 4 (June 5, 2020 to June 15, 2020 at 7:59am)
- Order 5 (June 15, 2020 at 8:00am to June 25, 2020 at 9:59pm)
- Order 6 (June 25, 2020 at 10:00pm to July 2, 2020 at 7:59am)
- Order 7 (July 2, 2020 at 8:00am to July 13, 2020 at 7:59am)
- Order 8 (Spanish and Hmong are included within the order) (July 13, 2020 at 8:00am to August 24 at 7:59am)
- Order 9 (August 24 at 8:00am to September 1 at 11:59pm; note an amendment to this order was issued on September 1)
- Order 9, Amended (September 2 at 12:01am to November 17 at 11:59pm)
- Order 10 (November 18 at 12:01am to November 20 at 4:29pm; note an amendment to this order was issued on November 20)
- Order 10, Amended (November 20 at 4:30pm to December 16 at 12:01am)
- Order 11 (in Spanish) (December 16 at 12:01am to January 13 at 12:01am)
- Order 12 (January 13 at 12:01am to February 10 at 12:01am)