Breast & Cervical Cancer Screening
There are two programs for free screening and treatment for breast and cervical cancer. They are for people with limited income and little or no health insurance.
You can get free breast and cervical cancer screening through the Wisconsin Well Woman Program if you are:
- A person with breasts, age 40-64,* and
- You have limited income, and
- You have limited or no health insurance
- People ages 35-40 who have a current breast symptom
- People over 65 who do not qualify for Medicare
Eligibility (no immigration status required)
You may be eligible if:
You have no insurance, or insurance with a high deductible, and
Your income is at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Guidelines:
- Household size of 1=$36,450
- Household size of 2=$49,300
- Household size of 3=$62,150
- Household size of 4=$75,000
- Household size of 5=$87,850
- Add $12,850 for each additional member
The Well Woman Program pays for:
- Breast exams
- Diagnostic testing if your screening test results are abnormal
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) tests
- Mammograms (breast cancer screening)
- Pelvic exams (if a pap test is done for cervical cancer screening)
How to Apply
By phone (Dane and Rock County ONLY):
English (608) 242-6385 or (608) 219-5340
Español (608) 242-6235
For counties outside of Dane or Rock call 1-800-722-2295 or find the coordinator for your county.
Print the WWWP Enrollment Form and mail or fax to:
Public Health Madison & Dane County – WWWP
2705 E. Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
Fax: (608) 266-4858 (confidential line)
After we get your form, we will contact you. We will give you a list of providers to choose from in Madison, Janesville, and Beloit.
You may be eligible for Wisconsin Well Woman Medicaid if you’re enrolled in the Wisconsin Well Woman Program and are diagnosed with:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Precancerous condition of the breast or cervix
You must live in Wisconsin and be a U.S. citizen or qualifying immigrant.
This program covers the same services as Wisconsin Medicaid, whether the service is related to cancer treatment or not. It provides full Medical Assistance benefits for the duration of treatment for breast or cervical cancer. You will not have to pay co-payments.
Learn more about eligibility for this program.