Finding Dental and Health Care Services
Figuring out the health care system can be challenging and getting care can be expensive. Find resources below to help you get care and connect with lower cost clinics if your income is limited.
Finding a Primary Care Doctor or Clinic
- If you have health insurance, your insurance company or HMO can tell you which doctors are covered by your insurance and taking new patients. You can also call medical clinics directly.
- If you need help finding clinic locations and phone numbers, you can call United Way 211 (dial 2-1-1).
- If you need an interpreter, tell the clinic when you make your appointment.
- See our list of Free and Lower Cost Clinic Options.
- Access Community Health Centers: Madison: (608) 443-5480, Sun Prairie: (608) 825-7100
- Concentra: East Madison: (608) 244-1213, West Madison: (608) 829-1888
- MEDiC Clinics: (608) 265-4972
- Our Lady of Hope Clinic: (608) 819-8544
- Planned Parenthood: Madison East: 1-800-493-1052, Madison South: 1-800-493-1052
- Neighborhood Free Health Clinic: (608) 205-0505
Public Health Madison & Dane County
Find out more information about our health care services:
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) testing and treatment
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Nursing services during pregnancy
- Breastfeeding support
Older adults and people with disabilities: The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) of Dane County connects older adults and people with disabilities to the services they need. Call (608) 240-7400.
Mental Health & Substance Use Services
If you have health insurance, call your insurance company or ask your primary care doctor where to go.
- Behavioral Health Resource Center: (608) 267-2244
- Journey Mental Health Center: (608) 280-2720
- First Breath: (608) 251-1675
- Wisconsin Tobacco QuitLine: 1-800-784-8669
- DAIS: (608) 251-4445 or 1-800-747-4045
- NAMI Dane County: (608) 249-7188
- Comprehensive Community Services: (608) 242-6415
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
No Surprises Act
The No Surprises Act bans surprise medical bills, even if you get them from an out of network provider and without getting approval first.
It covers you if you have health insurance through:
- Your employer
- The Health Insurance Marketplace,
- An individual health insurance plan you purchased
If you have health insurance listed below, you already have protection from surprise medical bills:
- Indian Health Services
- Veterans Affairs Health Care
Lower Cost Prescriptions
- If you have health insurance, ask your primary care doctor.
- St. Vincent's Charitable Pharmacy: 2033 Fish Hatchery Rd., Madison, WI 53713. Call (608) 257-0919.
Low Cost Dental Options
- More Smiles Wisconsin: (608) 665-2752
- Access Community Health Centers Dental Services
- Affordable Dental Care, Inc.: English: (608) 622-4002
- Vivent Health: (608) 252-6540; (800) 486-6276
- Madison College Dental Hygiene Clinic: (608) 258-2400
- Affordable Dentures-Madison, S.C.: (608) 292-9630
- Familia Dental: East Madison (608) 819-9104, West Madison (608) 720-1112
Dental care for special needs:
- The Gardetto Family Community Dental Clinic (Milwaukee): (414) 210-2440
- Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation Donated Dental Services Program: (866) 812-9840
School-Based Dental Care for Children
Private Dental Clinics
Some private dental clinics have new patient offers which include an exam, x-rays and cleaning at a greatly reduced fee. Search online for “new patient dental offers.”