Medical & Insurance Bill Assistance
Know What’s Covered
If you have insurance:
- Call your health insurance company to ask what services are covered.
- You can find their phone number on your insurance card.
If you have care that won’t be reimbursed by insurance:
- Ask your doctor or hospital about their financial assistance programs.
No Surprises Act
The No Surprises Act bans surprise medical bills.
It covers you if:
- You have health insurance through your employer
- You have health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- You purchased an individual health insurance plan
- You got care from an out of network provider
- You got care without getting approval first
Learn about other things banned by the No Surprises Act .
Get help disputing a surprise bill from the No Surprises Act .
You already have protection from surprise medical bills if you have:
- Indian Health Services
- Veterans Affairs Health Care
- The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Dane County. They help older adults and people with disabilities get the services they need. Call (608) 240-7400.
- ABC for Health. They provide legal help if you have problems with health insurance or medical bills. Call (608) 261-6939.
Getting Health Care
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (608) 266-4821
- Fax: (608) 266-4858
- Español: (608) 243-0380