Influenza (The Flu)
We give free flu shots to people 6 months and older in Dane County who have BadgerCare, or who don't have insurance.
How To Schedule an Appointment
- We give immunizations by appointment only.
- For children: a parent must come to the appointment. If this is not possible, tell us while scheduling the appointment.
- Tell us if you are a host family of a foreign Exchange Student when scheduling an appointment. We have to get permission from the student’s parents before we can immunize them.
- You can schedule an appointment at our South Park Street Office or at our East Washington Avenue Office.
2230 S. Park St.
Madison, WI 53713
2705 East Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53704
Make an appointment
If you are more than 15 minutes late, we may reschedule your appointment. If you need help making an appointment, please call (608) 266-4821.
Prepare for your appointment
- Bring all the immunization records for the person who has the appointment.
- You will get a text or email before your appointment with forms to complete.
About Getting a Flu Vaccine
- The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu shot every year. Getting a flu shot protects you and the people around you! Every year, flu vaccination prevents illnesses, medical visits, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- It is safe to get your flu shot and a COVID shot or booster at the same time or without regard to timing.
- Flu vaccination is important for people with chronic health conditions. For example, for people with heart disease, flu vaccination has been associated with lower rates of some cardiac events.
- Vaccinating pregnant people
- Helps protect them from flu illness and hospitalization
- Helps protect the baby from flu infection for several months after birth, before the baby can be vaccinated.
- While some people who get vaccinated can still get sick, flu vaccination has been shown in multiple studies to protect against serious illness, hospitalization, and death.
- Read more on CDC's website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (608) 266-4821
- Fax: (608) 266-4858
- Español: (608) 243-0380