We provide testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections in an inclusive, stigma-free environment for people of all ages, gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientation. Our confidential services include:
- Testing for HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and hepatitis C
- Free testing and treatment for everyone 18 years and under
- Free condoms and lube
- STI treatment
- Answering sexual health questions
- Discussing test results
- Confidential partner notification
- Making referrals
Sexual Health Clinic
Our clinic is welcoming of all ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. Our clinic is located at 2705 E Washington Ave (2nd Floor) in Madison. Please email or call us at (608) 243-0411 if you have questions about our services.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call (608) 243-0411. Depending on the services you want, you may be scheduled for an in-person visit or a telehealth (virtual) visit.
If staffing allows, a walk-in nurse may be available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To make sure a walk-in nurse is available, please call (608) 243-0411 ahead of time.
Appointment slots are available between the following times:
- Monday: 11:50am - 3:20pm
- Telehealth Tuesday: 8:30am - 10:45am
- Wednesday: 11:50am - 4:30pm
- Friday: 9:00am – 12:40pm
Please call (608) 243-0411 if you will be late to your appointment. If you are later than 15 minutes, you may be rescheduled.
For safety reasons, children cannot be left unattended in the clinic or exam rooms. If you do not have child care and need to keep your appointment, please bring a responsible person to watch your child/children during your appointment. Thanks for your cooperation!
Prepare for Your Appointment
- Watch our video that shows what to expect at your appointment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of your appointment to check in.
- When you schedule your appointment we will text you a secure and confidential link to fill out registration forms before your appointment. If you can’t fill out the forms before your appointment, you can fill them out when you arrive.
- Have something to eat and drink before your appointment and avoid urinating (peeing) for one hour before your appointment.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are feeling sick or if you are in isolation from a positive COVID test or exposed to COVID. Call (608) 243-0411 to cancel.
At Your Appointment
When you check in our staff will ask you to wear a mask, complete registration forms if you didn't complete them ahead of time, and leave a urine (pee) sample in a cup in the bathroom.
A nurse will take you to a private room and ask you:
- What brings you to our clinic today and if you are having any symptoms.
- If you have any allergies to medicines and the names of the medicines/supplements you are taking.
- Your sexual health history including the gender(s) of your sex partner(s).
- The kind of sex you have (oral, anal, vaginal) and if you use condoms or barrier methods.
- If you would like a referral for PrEP, a safe and effective daily pill to prevent the transmission of HIV.
- If you have plans to become pregnant or plans to have a pregnancy with a partner in the next year and would like information on planning a healthy pregnancy.
- If you would like information on birth control methods. If you are able to become pregnant, the nurse will offer you birth control methods available at our clinic, and emergency birth control.
After you talk with the nurse:
- They will offer you tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Testing may include collecting throat, anal (butt), and/or vaginal samples with a swab. The nurse will give you privacy to collect your own swabs. If you are having symptoms and would like an exam, the nurse will ask for your permission to collect swabs during the exam to test for STIs.
- The nurse will offer to take a blood sample from your arm to test for HIV and syphilis. The nurse can also take a sample of blood from your finger to test for HIV.
- If you are having symptoms or have been exposed to an infection, the nurse may offer you medicine at your visit.
- We now offer free, at-home HIV rapid test kits to any person in Wisconsin.
- To receive a free at-home HIV rapid test, please call us at (608) 243-0411 and leave a name, phone number or email to best contact you regarding your kit.
- The HIV Outreach Coordinator will contact you within two business days of your request to send your kit and offer additional resources and support.
We have free condoms available at the front desk of our offices.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
2705 E. Washington Ave., 2nd Floor
Madison, WI 53704
2300 S. Park St., Suite 2010
Madison, WI 53713
Please ring bell.
- HIV Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HIV PrEP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Information on specific STIs, American Sexual Health Association
- Other Local STI Testing, Planned Parenthood
- STI Testing Information, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- STI Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Resources for Providers
Sexual Health Clinic
- Phone: (608) 243-0411 (confidential)
- Español: (608) 243-0380