HIPAA & Open Records
We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your health information, and are required to do so by law. This notice describes the rights you have concerning your health information and how we may use and share your health information. Please review this information carefully.
Summary Information About Our Privacy Practices
We are committed to the principles of open government and accountability. Records created or received by us and our employees in connection with the transaction of public business may be subject to public inspection.
Unless a record or information contained in the record is not subject to disclosure for reasons permitted by law, such as records that contain protected health information, the record shall be released in whole or part to the public.
Requesting Public Health Madison & Dane County Open Records
How to request:
- Mail requests to Public Health Records Custodian, 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Rm. 507, Madison, WI 53703
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (608) 266-4821
- Fax us at (608) 266-4858
Fees for copies of records
We may charge 5 cents per hard copy to cover the actual, necessary, and direct costs of reproduction. Records provided electronically may incur a media storage fee. We may also require prepayment of fees if the total amount exceeds $5.00.
Records inspection availability
Our public records are available for inspection and copying during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please contact the Records Custodian at (608) 266-4821 or email@example.com.
Publicly Available Data on Licensed Establishments
Dane County licensed establishment data includes restaurants, mobile food trucks, caterers, retail food stores, hotels and motels, bed & breakfast, short term rentals, tattoo and body art, pools, campgrounds, beaches, and manufactured homes. There are three raw data sets available:
- Licensed Establishments dataset - shows all operational licensed establishments receiving routine inspections.
- Establishment Guidesheet dataset - shows an establishment's compliance report for a specific routine inspection
- Establishment Inspection dataset - shows the inspections for specific licensed establishment
Tips for using these datasets:
- For ease of evaluating the data, it is recommended that you download the full dataset, then filter your data accordingly.
- The raw data includes all data from 2012 to present, thus, it may take some time to download.
- The data sets are meant to work together. For instance, you can use the information from the licensed establishment dataset to search all the written violations for a specific business using the establishment guidesheet dataset; or, you can search for a specific inspection in the establishment inspection dataset.
- If you want to see the inspection reports from at a particular business or location, it is most easily accomplished by using the inspection report look up
Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment Records Requests
When submitting your requests, please include:
The specific information/records are you seeking.
- Date(s) or date range of records or dates when events of interest occurred.
- Complete address of the property or other data about the location of the property.
- Parcel number of each property.
Our records may not contain the information available on the property you requested. We highly recommend that you also request information from the following State and local agencies as appropriate:
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS), and Wisconsin Department of Agricultural, Trade & Consumer Protection (DATCP).
- Public Works or Engineering, Public Utilities, and Planning and Zoning