Current WIC Participants
For People who live in Dane County, Wisconsin
Information about the Similac formula recall:
- See other WIC-approved formula you can buy with your benefits.
- If you have questions, give us a call at (608) 267-1111.
During the pandemic, we are providing most of our WIC services over the phone. Staff are available by phone for appointments and questions at (608) 267-1111.
- If you have a scheduled appointment, you will get a phone call from us on the day of the appointment.
- WIC benefits will be loaded onto your WIC card at the time of the phone call.
- We can mail WIC materials or you can call ahead to arrange a time to pick them up at our office at 2705 E. Washington Ave, 2nd floor.
Using Your WIC Benefits
How to use eWIC Cards
- Shopping with your eWIC card
Haciendo compras su tarjeta eWIC (Spanish)
Foods you can buy with eWIC cards
Download the Wisconsin MyWIC app to:
- Search WIC foods
- View benefit balance
- Find stores
- View WIC messages
- Wisconsin MyWIC app (Google Play Store)
- Wisconsin MyWIC app (Apple Store)
There are several ways to check your eWIC Balance
- Go to Wisconsin MyWIC app
- Look at the balance on your last grocery store receipt
- Under “EBT Cardholders” Select “More Information”
- You will be prompted to enter your eWIC card number and PIN
- Call 1-877-231-3452, (listed on the back of your eWIC card)
- Ask for the card balance at the grocery store
WIC Rights and Responsibilities
- WIC Rights and Responsibilities (English)
- Derechos y Responsabilidades de WIC (Spanish)
- WIC Cov Cai Thiab Cov Luag Hauj Lwn (Hmong)
Nondiscrimination Statement (English, Español, Hmong)
Other WIC Benefits
WIC Farmers' Market Checks
- Checks to buy fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs at farmers’ markets.
- Checks are given from June through September.
- Each family member over 9 months old who is on WIC gets a check once per year.
- Checks must be used by October 31st
- Markets and Farm Stands that accept WIC Farmers' Market Checks
Vehicle Registration Gift Cards
Families who participate in WIC, who own a car(s), and live in the City of Madison are eligible to receive a $40 VISA gift card. Contact WIC at (608) 267-1111 for more information or ask at your next appointment.
Support for Breastfeeding
Our Lactation Consultants and Breastfeeding Peer Counselors help you meet your breastfeeding goals by offering information, resources, and support. Call (608) 267-1111 or ask at your next appointment.
WIC Program, Madison & Dane County
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (608) 267-1111
- Fax: (608) 261-9606
- Español: (608) 243-0457
- Hmoob: (608) 243-0460